Attached to this page and available for Download, please find the latest version of the draft standard for embedded generation, also known as “PV and Solar installations“.
It is now named: SANS 10142-1-2, The wiring of premises; Part 1-2; Specific requirements for embedded generation installations connected to the low voltage distribution Network in South Africa
The intent of the SABS committee producing this document is to publish and sell this as an additional document and that it remains subservient to SANS 10142-1.
In it’s current format this standard is a summary of other relevant standards and provides a good guideline of information for installers, designers and consultants involved in the sector.
Concerns in this document include:
- Requirements with regards to
- Responsibilities of the various entities involved in the design and installation process.
The process forward is shortly:
- Feedback to the committee who prepared this SANS document
- Their responses/adjustments accordingly,
- Further feedback etc. until finalised there.
- Submission to the main SANS 10142-1 committee
- Consideration and discussion by this committee, where we again have input,
- Upon this committee having finalised their decision, circulation for 60 day’s public comment,
- Consolidation of comments received and incorporation accordingly,
- If substantial changes, re circulation.
- Upon approval, submission to the SABS TC67 mother committee, and if approved,
- Publication into law.
Please submit responses or comment before 30 June 2019. This version of the document was published on the 1st April 2019 and it is imperative that comments be received and submitted ASAP.
It is AREP’s intention to submit comment on this standard.